knowledge of plant Electrical Systems, plant construction and commissioning.
Experience in both commissioning and maintenance, offshore Oil & gas
Ability to lead a multi-national team of technicians both as a supervisor &
Experience in Training of national labour both through CBTA & OJT is an
Ability to troubleshoot & problem solve within MV / LV Electrical Power
Distribution environment and Turbo-Generator Systems of 6.6kV / 0.4kV @ 50hz.
Maintain Electrical Power distribution systems and all associated step-down transformers feeding the process and
• Maintain Black - Start & Essential diesel Generators and all associated
Switchgear, in a safe and competent manner.
• Ensure Power Generation & Motor Control Centre Protection Systems are
maintained for maximum reliability and
• Ensure that the Ex. & IP. Rating of every electrical item on the facility
is maintained, so that it\'s Integrity is not compromised.
• Manage & motivate a Team of Technicians to maintain the highest safety
performance while keeping them focused on the tasks
• Implement the planned maintenance schedule and maintain accurate records in
• Responsible for completing on time all maintenance related safety and audit
action items allocated to the Electrical
• Diagnose and rectify faults to ensure maximum equipment availability.
• Provide Technical support to operations personnel for planned and corrective maintenance
of Electrical systems & equipment.
• Supervise and schedule the testing and re-certification of Power
Transformers, Switchgear Protection Devices and all
associated Electrical equipment.
• Monitor and diagnose the performance, failures and serviceability of all MV,
LV & UPS systems and equipment and report on the
• Ensure safe switching, isolation & earthing practices are carried out on
MV & LV systems.
• Co-ordinate with operations personnel for start-up and shut-down of
• Assist other trades and disciplines within limits of experience and
• Collect data and information required for condition monitoring and
• Ability to communicate with Technical Support Specialists, read One Line
diagrams, electrical schematics, competently interpret
technical drawings & specification documents.
• Perform in an emergency role as defined by the company\'s emergency response
• Involvement in daily maintenance planning activities as well as direct input
into the 90 Day look ahead & 14 Day maintenance